Mirena

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
concerned

by concerned on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:08 am

Mirena

Hi,

I just wanted some qualified second opinions. Here's the long story:

My gf went to have her Mirena replaced by a new on in December 2014. She had no issues during the first one. The first one had grown stuck and it was a VERY painful experience to remove it. Due to this difficult removal she also had anemia for a few weeks after.

After having the new one fitted, its been more than a year now where she has ZERO interest in sex. Before that she was normally the one initiating it at least once a day! Now we've barely had any sex in a year.

So after much convincing and offering to pay for a follow up from my side, she went back to the OBGYN in September. He did a bunch of tests and checks and says everything is normal, the Mirena cant possibly cause it. I just have a hard time believing its not the Mirena as the problems started exactly when the new one was fitted.

For the sake of completeness I should mention that during her checkup the OBGYN picked up that she has high blood pressure and cholesterol. He referred the results to her GP who now has her on medication and the matter seems to be under control, except that she's fainted twice in 4 months from low BP.

Should we spend the money on seeing another OBGYN for a second opinion, or is the first guy correct that it can't possibly be that? My idea is to remove the damn thing and see what happens for a few months, if things do improve I will consider getting a vasectomy. Opinions?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:39 am

Re: Mirena

Hello and thank you for post.

I can appreciate that this is a difficult and sensitive situation for you and your partner. Given that you are requesting advice on behalf of your partner without her clear consent, I am unable to offer any advice at this time due to data protection and confidentiality laws.

I hope you understand the reasoning behind my response.

Kind regards,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

2 posts