Mid cycle bleeding

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Merope_1318

by Merope_1318 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Mid cycle bleeding

I'm getting really stressed out about my mid-cycle bleeding which has been going on for about 8 months now. I am 26 years old with no health problems and I am not on any form of birth control. I never got mid-cycle spotting before. Sometimes it's light and brown, at other times it's red and mixed with fertile cervical mucus. Sometimes it's on the heavier side. It usually lasts three days, but there have also been times when I had it for a week.

I had a cervical smear which came back normal. I went to a gum clinic and had std tests which also came back clear. I had a pelvic and vaginal scan and structurally I am fine. No polyps, cysts, ovaries look normal, endometrial lining looks normal....no abnormal growths etc.

I'm trying to change my diet and incorporate things like flax seeds. I also started taking B vitamins for "hormonal balance", but I guess these will take time to work. I also tried taking a female complex containing Dong Quai but it gave me breathing difficulties (known side effect) so I had to stop taking them. My theory is that it has something to do with a drop in my estrogen levels after ovulation since this always happens mid-cycle. But it's getting to a point now where I'm getting anxious every time I wipe. I convinced myself I had ovarian or endometrial cancer, but the fact that my scan was clear put my mind at ease.

My GP is quite dismissive about this and the only solution he offered was going back on the pill. I really don't want to do this as it makes my anxiety flare up and I'm already in a bad place mentally. Surely there must be something else one can do? After all, the pill merely masks the problem, it doesn't solve it.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any advice on what I can do to make it stop? It's driving me crazy as I already have health anxiety.

Thank you in advance.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Re: Mid cycle bleeding

Hi Merope_1318

Thank you for your post. We would always recommend you go back to your GP even if you feel your concerns have not been listened to. Try a different doctor or your nurse just to ensure everything has been checked.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts