Pain during sex even after doc appointment

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
Elfinmyth

by Elfinmyth on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:55 am

Pain during sex even after doc appointment

During the last couple of months, I've started to have issues with having sex. I've been sexually active for years with my husband and never had any problems. Around mid-August, I started to occasionally (about half of the time) have this sharp stinging pain during penetration at the left side of my vagina that left us unable to continue. It's strange, because sometimes I don't feel anything, then at other times it feels like a knife stab that has me in pain for days after.

I finally got an appointment with my gynecologist around a month ago. She said she could see that the skin on the left side was indeed reddened and irritated.
None of the lab test results showed there was anything wrong.
I went to the apothecary to get lactic acid treatment as recommended by my doc. It didn't help.
Way before my appointment I also tried not having sex for a couple of weeks in the hopes it would heal or something, that didn't work either.

I asked her what to do further, she basically told me that she can't do anything else for me and that making another appointment is useless!! I have no idea what to do now. Trying to switch gynecologists could take me months to a year if I am unlucky with all the waiting lists for new patients. Besides that, I've had positive experiences with this doc for years now.

Do you have any idea how to counter this skin irritation or whatever it is?
Thank you so much in advance!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Re: Pain during sex even after doc appointment

Hi,
Thank you for using the talkhealth forum, We are sorry to hear about your painful problem.

Unfortunately we at talkhealth are unable to give specific medical advice but would always advise you to go back to your gynaecologist or seek the advice of alternative trusted health professional if your pain is still concerning you.

Hopefully other members may be able to relate to your experience and will post a reply soon but whilst you are waiting, please do have a look around the website, especially at the women's health forum area, where there are a number of other relevant sections which may offer some answers to your question.

In March we actually ran an online gynaecology clinic and perhaps you might find some of the questions that were asked and answered back then helpful. Click on the link here to see that past clinic; https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... hp?f=1123.
Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

NOWHARDS

by NOWHARDS on Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:05 am

Hi, I know its not right to ask a lady her age but it would help, have you tried extra lubrication? I suggest coconut oil for that or it could be Vaginimus This is a common condition. It involves an involuntary spasm in the vaginal muscles, sometimes caused by fear of being hurt, the answer to that would be see a shrink for counseling.

NOWHARDS

EmmaQuinn

by EmmaQuinn on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:48 am

Hello! I had a similar problem, it lasted a very long time, I went to the doctor, but he did not find out anything and advised me to use a lubricant. Most often it helped, but sometimes it still hurts. I think it's worth trying to talk to another doctor. Good luck!

4 posts