Pain during sex for 4 years. Had a laparoscopy, pain persist

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
SleepyAgnes

by SleepyAgnes on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Pain during sex for 4 years. Had a laparoscopy, pain persist

Hi! First time posting here.
I come to you because every local doctor tells me they don't know why I have this pain.
To give you some context,
About 3 years and a half I started experiencing pain during sexual relations, I went to my doctor and she called me crazy, that it didn't make sense that I felt pain. 2 years ago I moved to France and the pain got worse, this time I felt pain during periods too and couldn't move when I had it. The doctor here sent me to make an scan (idk the word in english) and I had a 9cm lar yst, they then told me it was on my abdomen, they didn't specify were. Meanwhile I changed hospitals because I heard bad rumours about the local hospital and I couldn't risk it. The new doctor told me that the cyst was in my right ovary, which I had no idea, she calmed me saying it was ok and that the operation would be the least invasive as possible and they'd try to save my ovary (which they did).
The pain got better, however the sex is still painful. I feel a sharp pain during penetration, like a knife, and the whole experience became uncomfortable for me.
I went to many doctors, they either shrug it off or say they don't know why I feel this. It's frustrating, I want my sex life back, I used to enjoy sex and now I can't.
Has anyone been through this before and healed?
Thank you for your time.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Re: Pain during sex for 4 years. Had a laparoscopy, pain per

Hi SleepyAgnes,

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing and the frustrating journey you have been on. We hope that you will receive some replies soon to your question from our other members who may have experienced something similar to you.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out specific medical advice but would always suggest you go and see your GP again if you are continuing to have pain. Could it be another cyst that has developed?

Please find a link to the NHS website and information on ovarian cysts:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ovarian-cyst/

We hope you are able to identify what is causing the pain soon.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts