Bumps in my genital..need help

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
wonderKie

by wonderKie on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Bumps in my genital..need help

Hello, this is my first time posting in this forum.

I've been inactive for 3 years now, l just found-out recently a cluster of bumps in my labia near my clitorial fold. It really bothers me because it itches sometimes and also i sometimes feel pain in my pelvic area, is it possible that i have genital warts? Or something else? If it's genital warts how did i get it? I only have one sexual partner and also I've been i active since then. I really need your help.
Attachments
Here's the picture.
Here's the picture.
B172239B-7440-4E33-8E8B-DDCD147718A6.jpeg (27.51 KiB) Viewed 2812 times

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Re: Bumps in my genital..need help

Hi wonderKie,

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear about your concern. Hopefully other members may be able to help or advise.

We are unable to give out specific medical advice to you but please find some info on genital warts from the NHS with pictures to compare to:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/genital-warts/
The genital warts virus can be passed on whether or not there are visible warts. Many people with the virus do not have symptoms but can still pass it on. If you have genital warts, your current sexual partners should get tested as they may have warts and not know it. If symptoms do appear, it can happen over a year after infection.
We hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Mariyafernandes

by Mariyafernandes on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Bumps in my genital..need help

Pimples in the genital area may be a result of infection of the hair follicle due to bacteria. Shaving your pubic hair is one potential cause of folliculitis. As your hair starts growing out of the follicle, it curls back toward the skin, causing irritation. In some cases, the hair grows back into the skin (ingrown hair).

The roughness of a razor on sensitive skin can also cause the following:

razor burn
bumps
blisters
pimples
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS)
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), also called acne inversa, is a chronic disease of the sweat glands. It causes pimple-like lesions around the body, including the vulvar area.

The cause of this rare inflammatory disease isn’t clear. There are treatments, but no cure.

Molluscum contagiosum
Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection that can cause pimples anywhere on the body, including the genitals. Treatment isn’t always needed, but it can be treated with topical or oral medication. If necessary, your doctor can also remove the pimples.

Is it safe to pop a vaginal pimple?
It’s best not to try to pop a vaginal pimple. For one thing, it can spread bacteria and lead to infection. For another, this sensitive area can be easily irritated. And you’re likely to end up making things much worse.

The pimple can become a boil if it fills with pus and continues to grow bigger for several days. As it grows, it can become painful.

You should never try to burst or pick at a boil near your genitals. It’s likely to rupture on its own. Instead see your doctor, who can lance the boil in a way that will prevent infection.

3 posts