Uncertain herpes dygnosis

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
leah1997

by leah1997 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Uncertain herpes dygnosis

Around a year ago I had some sores on my vagina, I went to he doctors and they had a look and said ‘it doesn’t look like herpes... I’ll give you some cream incase it’s a bacterial infection come back if it doesn’t go away
So it had been a few days and hadn’t gone I went back to the doctors and a different doctor also said it doesn’t look like herpes but I’m going to give you the medicine that treats herpes ????
After realising the doctors were no help I went to a sexual health clinic but by the time I got an appointment the sores were nearly gone and the person said that it does look like herpes but the test might not be accurate as the sores have nearly cleared and there might not be enough fluid.
The results came back negative so how do I even take this ???
I feel like I’m still in the dark about it I really don’t know what to do .....

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Re: Uncertain herpes dygnosis

Hi leah1997,

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you are having a very frustrating time. If you are having no joy with your GP's then a sexual health clinic is the way forward. You may unfortunately have to wait and see if the sores come back, then go and visit the clinic again when the sores first emerge. Hopefully this doesn't happen during lockdown.

In the meantime you could call the National Sexual Health Helpline free on 0300 123 7123 where you can talk to someone about what to expect with the herpes virus and get some advice from them. Your call will be treated with sensitivity and in strict confidence. The Sexual Health Helpline is open from 9am-8pm, Monday-Friday.

Here is some NHS info on Herpes:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/genital-herpes/

We are going to move your post to the Women's sexual health forum and will email you with a link.

Kind regards
talk health
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts