Abnormal bleeding/discharge and pain. Yet no answers!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
tarzys87

by tarzys87 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Abnormal bleeding/discharge and pain. Yet no answers!

hi, im new here. During the curent covid-19 crisis my gynae appts have all been canceled, understandably. But im scared and doing my own head in.
Ive had a ongoing issue for a year now, with 0 answers from doctors. Hopeing to find some comfort on this forum.
This time last year i started having 2 periods a month, 1 normal then another seriously painful one 11 days after.. accompanying this was bloody discharge and spotting, and painful sex. That lasted until october 2019 and thankfully stopped but now left with spotting/(old)bloody discharge and pain during sex.
Ive had several scans and gynae examinations, and they cant find anything wrong at all! I do have the copper coil and have done on and off over the past 12yrs. My last smear was ok, 3 months after having daughter. (1 is due now, but postponed due to covid19.) Those before have always been abnormal. I am 33yrs old and had to have treatment for cervical cancer at 25years. Yet they said my cervix looks healthy, my scans and swabs are fine.. and even suggested coil out and steralisation instead to hopefully put an end to things. Im scared to be steralised and apart from copper coil, cant have other forms of contraception due to hormone sensitivity. Im at a utter loss, no sex life with partner due to fear of bleeding and pain, scared thinking its my cervix again and theyve somehow missed it.. no gynae appts.. im losing my mind here. Has anybody had a simlar experience? Appreciate any advice and words of comfort right now. Thank you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Re: Abnormal bleeding/discharge and pain. Yet no answers!

Hi tarzys87,

A warm welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. :)

Sorry to hear of your worries regarding your symptoms especially at this uncertain period in time.

Hopefully other members will be respond to you who may have advice or suggestions. Unfortunately we are unable to give specific medical advice but you may want to have a chat with someone at The Sexual Health Helpline about your symptoms. You can call them free on 0300 123 7123. Your call will be treated with sensitivity and in strict confidence. The Sexual Health Helpline is open from 9am-8pm, Monday-Friday.

Please find some info here on IUD's:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contracep ... -questions

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

tarzys87

by tarzys87 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Thank you talk health. Appreciate your response.
Hopefully someone else may of had a simlar experience and can offer that reassurance.
Thank you for taking time out to reply.

Mariyafernandes

by Mariyafernandes on Fri May 08, 2020 1:46 pm

Some Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding facts that i know:-
1.Because bleeding can mean a problem with pregnancy, possible pregnancy should always be considered in a woman of childbearing age.
2.Spotting to minimal bleeding may be normal. But any bleeding during pregnancy needs to be evaluated by your doctor.
3.Heavy vaginal bleeding or bleeding that occurs before 12 weeks may mean a serious problem, including an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage.
4.Heavy vaginal bleeding or bleeding that occurs after 12 weeks also may mean a serious problem, such as placenta previa.

Mariyafernandes

by Mariyafernandes on Fri May 08, 2020 1:49 pm

Some Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding facts that i know:-
1.Because bleeding can mean a problem with pregnancy, possible pregnancy should always be considered in a woman of childbearing age.
2.Spotting to minimal bleeding may be normal. But any bleeding during pregnancy needs to be evaluated by your doctor.
3.Heavy vaginal bleeding or bleeding that occurs before 12 weeks may mean a serious problem, including an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage.
4.Heavy vaginal bleeding or bleeding that occurs after 12 weeks also may mean a serious problem, such as placenta previa.

5 posts