Menstrual Cycle - cold sweats + Diarrhea + vomiting all at once!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Sevk1988

by Sevk1988 on Sat May 30, 2020 11:54 pm

Menstrual Cycle - cold sweats + Diarrhea + vomiting all at once!

Hi ladies!

I am 31 years old and I have regular periods and keep track via a menstrual planner.

Today was my first day of my cycle, however for the 5th time in the past 5-7 years I suddenly had to rush to the bathroom with heavy abdomen pain. My body began to weaken and I just about made it downstairs to grab ibuprofen and a glass of water. At that point I was on the floor experiencing stronger pain and my clothes were drenched due to cold sweat. I suddenly felt sick and vomited. My body was losing strength pretty quick and I had gone pale like snow white. I had to go to the toilet again, managed to crawl up the stairs. I just felt worse and sweated more but was absolutely freezing at the same time, in agony on the floor. Luckily my brothers were home to help me and gave me "Ayran" to drink which is a cold yogurt beverage with salt. This always seems to do the trick for me. My brothers carried me to bed as I just had so little strength at this point. They tucked me in with a hot water bottle and kept giving me (I had no strength to hold the bottle) or Ayran but I was still in agony. I could feel a tingling sensation in my hands and fingers which was a new experience this time round. The entire event took roughly an hour or just over. I live in the UK and have visited my local GP/Nurse before about this but my concerns have been dismissed, "its normal" they say each time!

I must add, I have noticed that this happens to me when I suddenly lose a bit of weight, however I have only lost around 3kg in a month and I don't see how this can justify such severe symptoms to my body on my first day of the cycle. Something is not right!

Any ideas or guidance for me please?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:35 am

Re: Menstrual Cycle - cold sweats + Diarrhea + vomiting all at once!

Hi Sevk1988,

Sorry to hear of your symptoms. We would urge you to contact your GP again if this is continuing to trouble you and ask them about either checking your hormone levels, or referring you to an endocrinologist for further investigation.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts