Periods suddenly short? Please help!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Krasivaya

by Krasivaya on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Periods suddenly short? Please help!

hello! I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on what might be going on... some background im a 27 yr old female with no history of any cysts or pcos or histoty of pregnancy or anything. Im not on birth control and my boyfriend and I use the withdrawal method. (Been together 6 years, currently living together, not ttc)

Ever since I first got my period its ranged anywhere from 5-7 days long. The first day always being light/medium flow, the next 2 or 3 days heavy flow, and the last few days are brown spotting.

The last 2 periods I've had have been really short. Last month was only 4 days long with 2 bleeding days (red in color) and this past period was only 2 days as well, the first day REALLY light and the second day REALLY heavy (couldn't use tampons, had to use a pad) and yesterday I had only slight spotting (brown in color) and so far today I have slight spotting as well but I only need a panty liner for it.

I have taken a pregnancy test (one of the dollar ones cuz they were sold out of name brand) and it came out negative.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Due to covid my doctor probably won't see me as im not in any pain.

Mariyafernandes

by Mariyafernandes on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:36 am

Re: Periods suddenly short? Please help!

An ovarian cyst is a fluid-filled sac inside the ovary. While these cysts aren’t cancerous, they can sometimes be painful or cause bleeding. A bleeding cyst may be mistaken for a short period.

Most ovarian cysts have no symptoms, but they can sometimes cause abdominal pain, particularly if they’re large or if they rupture.

Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
PCOS can cause your body to produce more male sex hormones than normal. This hormonal imbalance often causes irregular periods, missed periods, or short periods.

Other symptoms of PCOS include:

unwanted or excessive facial hair
acne
deeper voice
difficulty getting pregnant

2 posts