10 years, pain now infertility & no answers!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
kittiecatpie

by kittiecatpie on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:50 pm

10 years, pain now infertility & no answers!

Hi,

10 years ago I had a surgical termination. Since then I have had nothing but endless issues.
I have constant pelvic pain often I have offensive discharge and other issues.
Symptoms include unbelievable stabbing and sharp pains often exacerbated by sneezing or trying to stand straight up. I often can be found clucthing my left lower abdomen in pain as sometimes it genuinely feels like a ripping sensation.

I have been seen my every GP in my surgery and gynaecologists. The first consultant undertook a diagnostic laparoscopy and found bad adhesions where my ovary had become fused to my fallopian tube on my left side, he corrected during surgery and sent me on my way.

Since then though the pain has only just come back and it is worse. The next gynae consultant literally shrugged his shoulders at me and told me it wasn't his problem if the adhesions had come back, what did I expect him to do and discharged me citing my mental health as the reason I felt pain.

I have been unable to get any further with the NHS as I have been refused further referrals. I paid for a private GP appointment who immediately said the adhesions must have returned and was also concerned it may also be causing some bowel issues too, although I do have colitis. She referred me to a private gynae clinic however I moved away from the area before being able to follow up. Corrective surgery done privately is cost prohibitive really.

Throughout this I have been trying to get pregnant. My partner and I have been without contraception for at least 7 months. I manage my cycle carefully, regular periods etc and we have successfully become pregnant nearly every single month however during implantation I always experience terrible lower left abdo pain which is shortly followed by passing of blood and tissue then I lose the pregnancy. This has been consistent since January this year. It has happened again this month after what we were 3 very positive weeks of pregnancy signs and symptoms (I've been officially registered as pregnant 2 times before (2009 & 2010) and both times I was morning sick and dizzy from week 2!!) and tested positive early.

I am 30 years old, relatively healthy with a few minor issues health wise here and there. I am unable to get further with any GP, my medical notes are full of 10 years of repeated appointments about the same issue but it is littered with "patient reassured", "patient asked to wait and see if pain develops further", "Swabs taken - no infection, patient asked to wait and see".

I came across Asherman Symdrome and it seems to be an excellent fit for my symptoms and issues but I have already lost 10 years of my life to this pain and now I am finding I am unable to maintain a pregnancy, the toll is heartbreaking and I am truly at my wits end.

Can anyone offer any advice or guidance on how to move forward with this, I don't think I can take another 6 months of early pregnancy losses and I certainly cannot take another 10 years of pain!

Thank you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Re: 10 years, pain now infertility & no answers!

Hi kittiecatpie,

Thank you for posting on the forum. We are so sorry to hear about your ongoing frustrating and upsetting symptoms associated with the surgical termination from 10 years ago.

Unfortunately we are unable to give specific medical advice on individual symptoms/conditions here but you may want to consider getting into contact with one of our charity supporters 'Wellbeing of women' who could possibly offer guidance and advice to you:

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... g-of-women

We hope that you are able to get the answers that you are seeking very soon.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts