Hysterectomy or not?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
fishergrl78

by fishergrl78 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:51 pm

Hysterectomy or not?

Hi all!

I have a surgery scheduled for mid August. I am having or suppose to be having a hysteroscopy, which is just basically a scaping to remove fibroids. I had a similar procedure in 2011, but the problem came back and it's gotten worse. I did schedule this quite awhile ago, but, as the days/weeks have progressed- I've been thinking about a hysterectomy. I'm passed the age where I should think about children, if I were to have them. I'm single, and they're not a part of my foreseeable future.

My cycle is so unpredictable I never know if it's actually my cycle or just the in between bleeding. I have severe cramping and have had issues with bloating that won't go away (I've seen another doctor in regards to this). Anyways, I did contact my doctor through the online messaging and asked her, her thoughts on this. It doesn't seem she's terribly on board with it, but she's not entirely against it either. She said she was pretty sure the procedure we have scheduled will work for my issues. My mind and brain haven't changed on actually wanting the hysterectomy. I honestly don't know what I'm in for with a huge procedure like this, but if my doctor is only 'pretty sure' it will work, I don't want to be back in another 5-6 years having another surgery. I've done a lot of reading and gathered a lot of insight on what I'll be in for. I've read about the different types of hysterectomies etc.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, I'll gladly take them.

Thank you!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:41 am

Re: Hysterectomy or not?

Hi fishergrl78,

Have you ever considered getting your hormones levels tested and then balancing them naturally through a naturopath and seeing if they help with shrinking the fibroids and bleeding? You may not then need to go down the hysterectomy route.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts