I got HPV from affair.

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Clarity111

by Clarity111 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:47 pm

I got HPV from affair.

Recently my gynaecologist told me I have HPV... That was a shock for me.
I have a boyfriend who is my first partner. He and I were virgins when we started dating.
But... we had a little crisis, I wanted to broke up with him, he didn't want to. I cheated on him during that time... And never told him about that. That would broke his heart.
That was 1,5 year ago.
We are together and then doctor tells me I have HPV. And the probably only way to get it is by sexual intercourse. I know my boyfriend was faithful and I know guy from affair had many girls before.
I honestly am devastated. World is black and white for me now. I lost any motivation.

What should I do? Is it obligatory to inform him that I have HPV, so probably he has now too? He will know that it is from affair. Or maybe there is a way to get HPV other way so he could believe me?
If he knows we will both be brokenhearted. He will broke up with me - and we are the types that have only each other. We don't really have other friends or family who can support us.

I can't believe that I was so stupid. I want to hit my head on something real hard as punishement.

The worst is - I don't really have someone who I could talk about it. Even if I have few "friends" they wouldn't want to have anything with me for such an immoral action.

What to do? Tell him? I don't want to lose him, I don't also want to infect him (or maybe he already is infected).

Beckybest

by Beckybest on Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Re: I got HPV from affair.

Hi love, do you have any one who you can talk to about this? I mean it's a difficult situation to be in and I'm really hoping that you get some advice on how best to deal with this? Maybe have your doctor with you? When you tell him ? I do agree though that your doing the right thing as he needs to know love. Good luck

2 posts