Home remedies for vaginal discomfort/infection?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Sparrow123

by Sparrow123 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:06 pm

Home remedies for vaginal discomfort/infection?

Hello,
I've been suffering from vaginal discomfort for years. I would like to know what it is and whether there are any effective home remedies for this. I have yellowish discharge ( not smelly and not crumbly ) and a constant raw, painful, itching, burning feeling. Also the vagina lining feels coarse and I have occasional burning pain in the underbelly. I'm hardly active sexually ( about once every few years ) and whenever I am, it hurts and starts bleeding. It's very uncomfortable and I worry about it. I'm 56 and have no children.

I did visit the GP last year and he thought it was a common irritation caused by underwear. He didn't even examine me though. He said I should see an obstetrician and get some tests, but that this could not be done. So he just gave a dose of 4 tablets of metronidazole and that was that, bye bye.
The medication didn't work.
I'm disappointed at the lax treatment by the GP and feel upset because I can't get proper healthcare, although I pay the equivalent of £ 100 monthly for 'obliged' private health insurance. This covers little, though, and any extra costs like meds or seeing an expert, must be paid by the patient themselves. I have no money for this. I am now so sick of it, that I'm looking into home remedies. I hope no permanent damage has been done by years of untreated infection. So, does anyone know of home remedies that work? I would of course prefer to see an expert, but again, low income means no healthcare in this "first world country".

Thank you in advance,
kind regards.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:13 am

Re: Home remedies for vaginal discomfort/infection?

Hello - sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

I think it extremely important that you pursue trying to see a NHS GP - which doesn't cost you money directly and get a definitive diagnosis that you are happy with as to what the problems you have are. I would not recommend any home remedies as such specifically if you don't know what the issue is.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts