Irratation every month is it BV? Please help!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Loulou31

by Loulou31 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:10 pm

Irratation every month is it BV? Please help!

Hi everyone I'm new here and not sure of I'm posting in the right place but I'm in need of advice. Over a year ago out of the blue a few days before my period I became irritated down below, itchy and swollen it was so bad I couldn't wear underwear I even went as far as putting ice there :oops: I couldn't leave the house, as soon as my period came it went away then the same the next month. I went to see a gyno and was told I cysts on my ovaries which they put down to IVF I had years before but wasnt sure if it was responsible for the irratation. They put me on the mini pill in the hope to stop my periods and though my periods strangely continued the irratation went away. Then last month out of the blue again the irratation started again before my period. The problem is whenever I have this feeling and I have intercourse with my partner he then gets red below and slightly irritated but this lasts 2-3 days then goes away. Weve been together 14 years no sti or anything like that. Could this be reoccurring BV? It's not as bad as it was a year ago but I'm really struggling with it now I cant cope with it again. Its affecting my self esteem, sex life and my mood. I've posted on a few forums with no replies.

tmsouth7882@yahoo.com

by tmsouth7882@yahoo.com on Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:11 pm

Re: Irratation every month is it BV? Please help!

I know this is an old post but maybe you will still see this. I have had chronic vaginal irritation for 2 yrs. I am quite a bit older that you but I have had yeast and BV one after the other for a while. It has gotten better but I have to use a cream for a vaginal skin rash now.

The way the Nurse practitioner explained it to me is BV is burning and yeast is itching. Also with BV you will get a bad smell but you really have to be tested to know if it is either one.

I believe I have very sensitive skin. Even with good lubrication I get 'friction' rash and redness after sex for a few days. Could be what you are having. So notice when it happens. What could be causing it and when it goes away.

Hope you are better.

Toni

2 posts