Traumatic experience at gyneccologist

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

1 post
tmsouth7882@yahoo.com

by tmsouth7882@yahoo.com on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:57 pm

Traumatic experience at gyneccologist

I don't have anyone to tell what happened. I went to a new doctor for really vaginal irritation and to ask him why my Testosterone was so high. I am on Hormone therapy injection. I have heavier than normal vaginal bleeding that is probably because of the HRT. He examined me and said he saw a few lesions that looked maybe like a skin condition that he thought was causing the bleeding. He was rushed as they usually are and didn't listen when I told him about the HRT.

So he proceeded to do what's called a 'Punch Biopsy'. I think normally women just cramp and have mild pain. But mine was terrible. I screamed several times and semi-fainted and was nauseated so he stopped. Women should be educated about this.

I have a scheduled appt in a month to go back and have it done. He said he would prescribe a Valium but the pharmacist doesn't have it yet. I'm not even sure if I want it done with that. Should I even go back to him or consult someone else?

I'm sure with the cost of sedation they hesitate using it maybe but for women like me it can be a terrifying experience or something I may just end up not having done because it is too upsetting.

Glad I have someone to talk to about it. I could tell my sisters but it would upset them too much.

Toni