Extreme Period Problems

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
brandy77

by brandy77 on Wed May 31, 2023 3:37 am

Extreme Period Problems

I am about to be 46 years old.
I have a pituitary tumor and have not really had periods for many, many years.
Then in Nov 2020, I got a heavy period that was horrible.
Ever since then, I've had issues.
Sometimes I can go a few weeks with nothing but some occassional spotting.
Sometimes I have 2 to 3 weeks of continuous bleeding. Some days REALLY heavy bleeding.
And I have been passing clots a LOT.

I have severe anxiety and can't really leave the house bc of it.
I haven't been to the doctor and am terrified at the thought of being examined - due to anxiety and never knowing when I'll be bleeding and when I won't.

It's really frustrating. I barely sleep bc I'm paranoid of having an accident.
I am tired of wiping so much.
I'm just really tired of it all and tired of life.

I wish it would all just stop and I could go into menopause or something.

athena123456

by athena123456 on Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:35 am

Re: Extreme Period Problems

Menstrual problems can vary from person to person, and it's essential to address any concerns you have.It's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional for a proper diagnosis and personalized advice.

Heavy bleeding: If you're experiencing extremely heavy or prolonged bleeding during your periods, it could be a condition called menorrhagia. This can be caused by hormonal imbalances, uterine fibroids, polyps, or certain medical conditions. A doctor can evaluate your symptoms and recommend appropriate treatment options, which may include hormonal birth control, medication, or surgery.

Severe menstrual cramps: Intense or debilitating cramps during your period can be a sign of a condition called dysmenorrhea. It may be caused by the release of prostaglandins, chemicals that trigger uterine contractions. Over-the-counter pain relievers, heat therapy, exercise, and relaxation techniques can help relieve symptoms. In some cases, hormonal birth control or other medications may be prescribed.

Irregular periods: If your menstrual cycles are irregular, meaning the length or timing between periods varies significantly, it could be due to hormonal imbalances, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), thyroid issues, or other underlying conditions. A doctor can evaluate your symptoms, perform necessary tests, and recommend appropriate treatment options.

Missed periods: If you're sexually active and have missed periods, it could indicate pregnancy. However, other factors such as stress, changes in weight, hormonal imbalances, or certain medical conditions can also cause missed periods. If you suspect pregnancy or have concerns about missed periods, it's important to take a pregnancy test and consult with a healthcare professional.

Remember, it's always best to seek medical advice from a qualified healthcare provider who can evaluate your specific situation and provide appropriate guidance. They can help diagnose the underlying cause of your extreme period problems and recommend treatment options tailored to your needs.

2 posts