vaginal vault prolapse with bowel probs since rectopexy op

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
dianepl55

by dianepl55 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:49 pm

vaginal vault prolapse with bowel probs since rectopexy op

Hi,anyone out there that can help,I have had enterocele,rectocele surgery in the last 3years using synthetic mesh,last year the mesh was completely removed involving a very difficult procedure,I am now on the list for another op(anterior repair,sacrospinus fixation and perinerorraphy).My colorectal surgeon gave me peristeen anal irrigation system to continuously use for bowel probs associated with the prolapse,however I am still having to arrange my lifestyle around whether or not I am able to open my bowels! I am at the end of my tether with this situation now and feeling extremely low,have no social life and would like to take up my social activities again that I had and enjoyed 3yrs ago.Please help,any advice would be very welcome.
Diane

carolleanne

by carolleanne on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: vaginal vault prolapse with bowel probs since rectopexy

Hi I woner if anyone can help I recently had a vaginal mesh repair for a prolapse since the operation I have had trouble passing urine and opening the bowel I wondered if anyone else has had this problem with this procedure

carolleanne

by carolleanne on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: vaginal vault prolapse with bowel probs since rectopexy

Hi Diane I had a similar operation to you using mesh also I am in discomfort I had my repair a month ago and also am having trouble with my bowel plus my bladder feel free to message me I know how you feel it is uncomftable kind regards carolleanne

4 posts