pelvic congestion syndrome

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
sophie8usaaf

by sophie8usaaf on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:31 pm

pelvic congestion syndrome

Hello,
I am 20 years old and I have been experiencing bad pelvic pain for 6 months now. It started off being painful during and after intercourse. Then very quickly progressed into pain in my lower back and hips and in my lower abdomen. My doctor ran routine tests for infections and treated me for a suspected Pelvic Inflammatory Disease but to no relief.
My doctor then ordered me to have an ultrasound scan where they found a hydrosalpinx on my right hand side. I was referred to a gynaecologist and finally got a letter after 4 weeks of waiting and my appointment was for 2 months time. I have seen the gynae now who has ordered more scans which are next week.
I am still suffering chronic pain in my pelvis along with agonising spasms. It is extremely painful during and after intercourse, my stomach has swollen, I've had an abnormal discharge from the start, I get indegestion and IBS symptoms. The pain in at its worst if I have been standing for any more than an hour and in the evenings.
I have found out about pelvic congestion syndrome and it is ringing a lot of bells. However, most websites are saying it is most common after child birth. Has anyone else suffered this condition or ave similar symptoms??
I am just fed up of being in agony all the time and not getting anywhere. Is anyone able to shed a little light??

Thank you :D

David147

by David147 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:36 am

Re: pelvic congestion syndrome

I have Pelvic Congestion Syndrome as one of my many health problems. When pain occurs with this it can sometimes cause very intense cramping at periods sometimes causing women to think it's endometriosis when it isn't.

Pelvic Congestion Syndrome is just another name for varicose veins of the pelvis.

My doctor discovered I had this when I had surgery in 2003 to check the status of my endometriosis. Sometimes Pelvic Congestion Syndrome can be diagnosed with the help of an x-ray procedure called angiography or MRA (magnetic resonance angiography).

Because of the fact that the bladder could be playing in to this I would recommend consulting a urologist (a doctor that diagnoses and treats diseases and disorders of the bladder) to see what they think could be going on as well.

3 posts