Beauty spots

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
huruburu

by huruburu on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Beauty spots

I have beauty spots in a very embarrassing place and I want to get them removed so I was wondering what I would have to do and also what will it involve. Will I have to pay to get this done and were do I get information regarding this.
Thank you

Rod Grundy

by Rod Grundy on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Re: Beauty spots

Thanks for your message. The best place to start if you want to have your beauty spots removed is to speak to your GP. If you are having beauty spots removed for purely cosmetic reasons your GP will refer you to a Private Doctor and you will have to pay for the procedure.

If however your GP has concerns that the beauty spot has any abnormal cells he/she will refer you to an NHS dermatologist who will assess the beauty spot and if they think the beauty spot has an abnormal or cancerous cells they will remove it and send it for analysis; please don't be concerned as this is highly unlikely as you say the beauty spot is in an embarrassing place so I guess it is in an area which is not regularly exposed to direct sunlight.

Removal of beauty spots is a relatively simple procedure and is usually performed under local anaesthetic. An injection is given to numb the area around the beauty spot, the spot is removed using a scalpel and the wound is stitched up.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Best wishes,

Rod.
Rod Grundy
Internet Pharmacy Manager, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... grundy.php

2 posts