In flamed

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
angela.coulter

by angela.coulter on Thu May 07, 2015 4:13 pm

In flamed

Hi. I am a 61 year old women my vigina is very . In Flamed & fells very stick & dry. Is this normal. For my age how do I check an answer.

Sarah Buchan

by Sarah Buchan on Tue May 12, 2015 10:51 am

Re: In flamed

Dear Angela,

Many thanks for posting your question - I hope that my advice will be helpful in quickly improving your symptoms.

There are a number of possible causes of the symptoms you describe.

1) hormone changes - hormone changes or imbalance may cause changes to the vagina leading to a dryness and irritation.

2) medication - some medicines can cause vaginal dryness - are you currently taking any medication from your GP or buying medication from your pharmacy?

3) vaginal thrush - this is a yeast infection which can cause itching and soreness around the vagina as well as a discharge which is usually quite thick and can cause irritation and inflammation.

4) bacterial vaginosis - this is characterised by a strong smell and discharge from the vagina.

From the symptoms you describe I would suggest that the most likely cause of your symptoms is vaginal thrush.
Due to being 61 years old, you must visit your GP to have this diagnosis confirmed and be prescribed a treatment. As the condition is particularly uncomfortable, I would advise making this appointment as soon as possible.

Vaginal thrush is generally very easy to treat via an oral capsule and/or cream, or if you would prefer, a vaginal tablet (pessary) may be used. Please discuss your preference with your GP once a diagnosis has been confirmed.

Kindest regards,

Sarah
Sarah Buchan
Clinical Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... buchan.php

angela.coulter

by angela.coulter on Tue May 12, 2015 11:45 am

Re: In flamed

angela.coulter wrote:Hi. I am a 61 year old women my vigina is very . In Flamed & fells very stick & dry. Is this normal. For my age how do I check an answer.
Thank you for getting back to me

3 posts