Confused can some help

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
stacieee1992

by stacieee1992 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:55 pm

Confused can some help

Hey I had my period on the 22nd June finished on the 27th normal period ... But on the 5th July I started too bleed again but it isn't like a period it's real light pink and then brown a few spots of red , but the bleeding is all the time it's stops and starts again, I could be off all day then come 6 in the evening I would start bleeding again or I won't be on all day and then the next day it will start again ..even using a tampon there is nothing on there even when wipe nothing leave it for a few hours then there will be blood .. What could this be ???

Sarah Buchan

by Sarah Buchan on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:10 am

Re: Confused can some help

Dear Stacie,

Thank you for posting your question, I hope my advice will be helpful to you.

Bleeding between periods may be due to many different causes;

1) Hormonal contraceptives
Irregular bleeding, including bleeding between periods is common during the first 3 months of starting hormonal contraception e.g. pill / patch / vaginal ring
You may also bleed between periods if you miss any contraceptive pills, have a problem with your patch or vaginal ring or you miss your "pill/patch/ring-free" week.

2) emergency hormonal contraception
using emergency contraception (the "morning after pill") can cause bleeding between regular periods. If you have used this in the last month, this may have caused some bleeding.

Other causes of bleeding between periods include; vaginal injury (e.g. caused by rough sex), vaginal infection (including sexually transmitted infections) or having undergone a recent termination.

To determine the cause of this bleeding it is important that you visit your GP, or if you would prefer your local sexual health or GUM (genitourinary medicine) clinic.
They may carry out tests and a physical examination to determine what is causing this bleeding.

For your own comfort I would suggest that you make an appointment with either your GP of sexual health clinic as soon as convenient in order to get the most appropriate treatment as soon as possible.

I hope that this has been helpful for you Stacie. Please come back to me if you have any further questions.

Take care,

Sarah
Sarah Buchan
Clinical Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... buchan.php

2 posts