How to wear a wig for the first time in 10 steps

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
RebeccaD

by RebeccaD on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:45 pm

How to wear a wig for the first time in 10 steps

Most ladies feel completely daunted by wigs. They have a terrible (and totally untrue) stigma. Instead of it being a fun experience, (as it is for the “normal” population) it can feel terrifying and humiliating. Well, that’s how I felt when I first had to start wearing one. The scariest thing is worrying about what other people will think. The ones that see you regularly and would rather swim with piranha’s then tell them about your hair loss. So here’s how to slip it out there without anyone noticing:

1) Spend some time finding the right one for you, before you need it.

2) Get used to the feel of it, and positioning it at home before you venture outside. You mustn’t fiddle with it in public.

3) Get used to seeing yourself in it.

4) Wear it to places where you don’t know anyone to get your confidence up. As soon as you realise no one is looking you’ll feel much better.

5) Start wearing your natural hair with some lovely hats/headband/accessories so everyone gets used to seeing you look a little different.

6) Then, wear the wig under those accessories that everyone’s got used to seeing you in.

7) Make sure that bad boy is seriously secure. Once you’ve got confidence you’ll be less worried.

8) Act confidently even if you don’t feel it. If you’re acting weird everyone will know instantly something is wrong.

9) Hide under your accessories for as long as you feel needed. Then remove them but keep the wig tied/clipped back for a bit.

10) By now everyone has forgotten what your original hair looked like (or how thin it was) and you’re free to wear it how you choose.

If you are seriously up for a challenge just go for a style completely different to your own (colour and or cut) and everyone will just think you’ve gone for a rad new style.
Rebecca
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Read Rebecca's blog for more information about alopecia and hair loss - http://hairnecessity.co.uk/

shaillythomas

by shaillythomas on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:12 am

Re: How to wear a wig for the first time in 10 steps

Thanks for the steps, but I need any herbal remedy for thin hair

emmaclark

by emmaclark on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 am

Hi Shallythomas,
Here are some homemade remedies for thicken hair:-

Aloe vera Gel - Many people believe that the Aloe vera plant is helpful for the skin, scalp, and hair. Applying aloe oil directly to the hair and scalp may help strengthen the hair and thicken it over time.

Olive oil - Olive oil is rich in omega3 acids and other nutrients that are essential for overall health, including hair health. When applied directly to the scalp and hair, olive oil helps promote thicker hair.

Eggs - Eggs are high in protein, which is essential for the body to build strong, thick hair. When used regularly, an egg treatment may help thicken and strengthen a person's hair.

Thanks.

mymeditravel

by mymeditravel on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'm having serious hair fall issues. What can I do?

I went to a doctor suggested Healthy Shop Hair nourishing shampoo, Healthy Shop Hair Serum Tonic, and Avogain hair spray.

Anyway used or using any of these products?

I would like to know what is the result?

4 posts