Lump

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
iiianonymous

by iiianonymous on Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:26 am

Lump

Hi, I have a lump in both of my breasts, one larger and a sore to touch. Its been like this for a year and a half now. I am 13 so is this a part of growing? I was at the doctors a year ago and they said it was acompletley normal, but just to be 100% safe, should i worry?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Lump

Hi iiianonymous

Thank you for your post. We appreciate that this must be worrying for you and we would always recommend that you get checked by your doctor, even if it's just to put your mind at rest.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

BellSpell

by BellSpell on Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:30 pm

iiianonymous wrote:Hi, I have a lump in both of my breasts, one larger and a sore to touch. Its been like this for a year and a half now. I am 13 so is this a part of growing? I was at the doctors a year ago and they said it was acompletley normal, but just to be 100% safe, should i worry?
Hiya, dear! It's totally part of growing up. It may be caused by your mammary glands developing. I remember that my breasts were itchy too back then in the puberty period. Now they are still too sensitive especially at the time of PMS but it's just way that it may be. Not necessary, not unusual. If you don't trust your doctor then try to go to another one.

kumbhajcancercare

by kumbhajcancercare on Tue May 19, 2020 6:09 am

The signs and symptoms of breast cancer include:

A lump or thickening in or near the breast or in the underarm that persists through the menstrual cycle
A mass or lump, which may feel as small as a pea
A change in the size, shape, or contour of the breast
A blood-stained or clear fluid discharge from the nipple
A change in the feel or appearance of the skin on the breast or nipple (dimpled, puckered, scaly, or inflamed)
Redness of the skin on the breast or nipple
An area that is distinctly different from any other area on either breast
A marble-like hardened area under the skin

4 posts