Mammogram

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Loopsielou

by Loopsielou on Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:51 am

Mammogram

Hello. I'm a 29 female who will be 30 in August. I have stage 4 endometriosis and recently went to my gyno because both of my breasts are beginning to turn reddish purple. She found a lump and has me scheduled for a mammogram on Monday. I'm a mother of 2 and while I'm sure the lump is probably a cyst or something not to worry about, I am still concerned. Has anyone experienced this and it turned out to be nothing serious? My symptoms began 2 months ago. I am extremely tired all the time now and my weight has dropped almost 50 pounds. Of course I should say I have also been trying to lose weight. Yay to that success but I feel like it could possibly be related to this lump. Again I am sure it is nothing and obviously I will have to get the results before I know anything. I'm just curious if anyone has noticed discoloration in their breasts and a lump and it turned out to be a cyst or something other than breast cancer.
Thank you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:12 am

Re: Mammogram

Hi Loopsielou,

Thank you for posting on the forum. We hope that you will receive some replies soon from our other members who may have experienced something similar to you and can shed some light before your mammogram on Monday.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out specific medical advice, but please find a link to one of our articles on breast concerns here:

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/ta ... ncerns.php

We hope that your appointment goes well.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

OncMD_us

by OncMD_us on Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:10 pm

Re: Mammogram

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. You must have already had your mammogram. What ever the diagnosis may be, please get a second opinion on your diagnosis. Studies show that 1/3rd of second opinions on breast cancer were different to primary care physicians diagnosis.
Take care, stay Safe

3 posts