Help with anxiety

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Bunnykins

by Bunnykins on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Help with anxiety

Hi,
Please can anyone offer any information.
Some 20 years ago I went through a nervous breakdown and have been on beta blockers ever since which have let me lead a relatively normal life. Over the last year of so, my periods have become irregular and a blood test has confirmed I am going through 'the change'. Just lately, my panic attacks and anxiety have returned with a vengeance and I am having difficulty going out and living a 'normal' life. Please can anyone tell me if HRT could help with this - I am 47 and just feel like every day is a slippery slope and I am starting to lose control. I get very weird sensations in my head most days, and once I get the panic set in, it is with me all day - nothing seems to help.

Cara Voller

by Cara Voller on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Help with anxiety

Hi,

Welcome to talkmenopause. I am sorry to hear what you are going through. Hopefully someone on the forum will be able to help you out however in the mean time it might be worth you going to see your doctor as it is not right that you should be suffering so.

Please keep us informed of how you are getting on.

Cara Voller

by Cara Voller on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Help with anxiety

Hi,

Donna @Hormonesandme said on twitter to Google "low estrogen symptoms" as they are the important feel good hormone that declines in menopause so anxiety is more prominent during menopause.

Hope this helps

3 posts