Aging since the menopause

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
sueogilvie

by sueogilvie on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 am

Aging since the menopause

Up until my menopause started 3 years ago,
people always thought I was at least 10 years younger than I was.
Recently a male friend asked how old I was, when I told him
his response was you don't look any older than that, in fact you are quite well preserved!
I thought thanks a lot!
I find the aging process difficult, If I put my glasses on and look in the mirror, I feel shocked.
(without my glasses on it isn't so bad)
When I asked my partner, who is short sighted (he sees extremely well up close) how he coped with my aging,
he said to my relief that he doesn't notice it.
I would love to hear how others are coping with this sudden change of how they look,and how it makes you feel about yourself, also if anyone has any tips on good products to use, I would be grateful.

jopitcairn

by jopitcairn on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:05 am

Re: Aging since the menopause

Yeah, I know how you feel,
the good thing is that everyone of our age who needs reading glasses,won't see up close either.
I noticed when I started drinking Acai juice, and eating ground up linseeds, that my lines appeared
less noticeable. in fact a friend of my daughter's actually commented on how good my skin looked,
which made me feel really good.
During the summer I was sitting with a group of friends aged in their 50's,and a couple of the guys started talking about women of our age,they were saying that what they went for was inner beauty in older women.
I was just so amazed at that comment!

sueogilvie

by sueogilvie on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:52 am

Awesome! I wish I knew some men like That!

AprilA

by AprilA on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:49 pm

I have noticed that my skin around my lips seems to have more lines: I like to think they are from laughing too much but unfortunately I think it is because I am aging due to me entering menopause. I have decided to invest in a good skincare regime and hope that will keep my skin younger looking.

miracleworker

by miracleworker on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Come on girls - we have earned those little lines! I don't get too upset or over-concerned on my appearance but I do like my skin to glow/gleam - I do believe that you should exfoliate your skin regularly, drink enough water and eat some fresh fruit and veg daily. But nothing too severe or disciplined - and laugh loads too. I don't think any of us really get used to getting older - I think it's good to try and adapt as the years go by and just be proud of what we have achieved as women - I am so proud of having my 2 kids. I'm now 54, was a Staff Nurse for 10 years but gave that up 4 years ago - best thing I ever did and I now work for myself and I work from home, part-time and all I do is help the environment and make a living. I revel in the thought that I don't have to be told when I can have my annual leave or when I can have my tea break - I earn my own money from making my own decisions and love it - it makes me feel that I am not on the scrap heap which I'm sure a lot of us feel at the meno - and what is more aging than not feeling part of something cos we are made to feel too old? A positive mental attitude too is great to have. :mrgreen:

5 posts