Bursting for the loo

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
jopitcairn

by jopitcairn on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Bursting for the loo

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, when I am desperate for a pee I am fine until I get in the bathroom,
then I am in a mad dash to get on the loo in time. (I don't remember it being like this before menopause.)
Anyway I have found a solution, I give myself mental arithmetic to do, this somehow occupies my brain, and I no longer have to rush. If anyone else experiences this try it and let me know if it works for you too!

mark

by mark on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: Bursting for the loo

functional abdominal muscles will help in this "area". In my pilates class i always reinforce the pelvic floor muscles being activated. You can practise this exercise anywhere, anytime, (even on the loo).The exercise is the same as if you where stop yourself "mid-flow" on the loo. Other abdominal exercises would compliment too. However i cant comment on these exercises improving your mental arithmatic.
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... arks-blog/

AprilA

by AprilA on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Yes, I find that I too am bursting for the loo these days however I have put it down to the fact that I am drinking more fluid now that I am in my menopausal years. I seem to have the need to look after myself a bit more. I am considering seeking advice from my GP to see whether there is any herbal remedies that I can take which may help. I was hoping that someone else may know of a remedy suitable.

Cara Voller

by Cara Voller on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 am

Hi AprilA, did you find out whether there are any natural remedies that work?

4 posts