Incontinence and vaginal tape (TVT)

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

7 posts
cheshirecat

by cheshirecat on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Incontinence and vaginal tape (TVT)

Hi - I have suffered from stress incontinence for some time now and have been offered the operation to implant a 'sling' of vaginal tape to put an end to all my problems.

Has anyone any experience of this operation?

Nagging Nora

by Nagging Nora on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Incontinence and vaginal tape (TVT)

Since starting the menopause I've also struggled with stress incontinence. I have tried to manage it on my own and have never heard of this. However having read about it on the internet it sounds interesting. I too would be interested to hear of anyone who has experienced this operation and if so how successful it's been. If it works it could be wonderful!

cheshirecat

by cheshirecat on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi Nagging Nora (love it!!)

I'm a bit further down the line with this now and have just reposted my question under Talkcontinence, Bladder problems, Getting treatment and am waiting for a reply. Hopefully we'll get more replies from this more specific section.

Hilary

cheshirecat

by cheshirecat on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Ignore the last posting I've made - I've now started a new topic under Bladder Problems called 'TVT for Stress Incontinence - Is It Safe?'
Sorry!!

Nagging Nora

by Nagging Nora on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:05 am

cheshirecat - thank you for letting me know that you've moved the post into the continence forum under bladder problems. I will keep an eye on this for any further information since I too am very interested in this topic.

cheshirecat

by cheshirecat on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi - glad I have at least one person like me who is interested in knowing more about TVT and whether it's a good or really bad idea!!

Heard from the solicitor today so hopefully I will speak with the lady in the article soon, and will report back on under that topic.

gabriellap

by gabriellap on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Do pelvic floor exercises every day. Do as many as possible, and as often as possible - the more the better. Hold and release as if you were stopping your wee mid-flow. This will help a lot.

7 posts