Disturbed Sleep

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

11 posts
Dancing Queen

by Dancing Queen on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Disturbed Sleep

Why oh why can't I have a whole night's sleep? I can't remember the last time I slept through the entire night. Even though it's winter I will wake dripping in sweat and need to throw the bed clothes off me to cool down. My husband can't understand why cuddling up isn't an option any more..... Any suggestions to help me sleep better anyone?

Dancing Queen

by Dancing Queen on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Disturbed Sleep

Thank you for the information Detrick. I will take a look. Any suggestions for a better night's sleep are useful!

JudyJJ

by JudyJJ on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:29 pm

You can buy special bedding that can help - it draws the moisture away so you don't feel sweaty, clammy and sleep better - I can't remember the name but I'm sure if you search in google you'll find various options - might be worth a try?!

Dancing Queen

by Dancing Queen on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:42 am

JudyJJ - I have taken a look at the bedding website that Detrick has mentioned above and although it looks fantastic unfortunately I can't afford this bedding. Do either of you know if you can get it on prescription at all?

Gabrielle

by Gabrielle on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Hot sweats, migraines, sleepless nights, pains, itching. I've suffered them all, and tried all the recommendations, vitamin e, black cohosh, agnus castus, (this helped slightly) and many potions that were guaranteed to help the symptoms of menopause . You name it, i have tried it, all the expensive and big named brands.

The solution....... Magnesium and Vitamin B and Calcium and vitamin D. All for the grand cost of £3.50. I no longer suffer from the above and at a fraction of the cost . I would suggest you do research on google there is a long list of ailments associated with lack of magnesium. And apparently 90% of the population suffer due to lack of magnesium. It also helps with anxiety and depression which often accompanies the symptoms of menopause.

I just wish I had found this out sooner. I feel full of energy, sleep more soundly and my purse is a lot fuller too.

Also just thought I would mention, I was on the most expensive drugs for migraine, and found a quarter of an aspirin works equally as well. Again for the grand price 16p a pack.

I hope this post helps someone and I wish you the best of luck!

gabriellap

by gabriellap on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Hello everyone. I have just joined. I have not had a full night's sleep (apart from one night) for nearly two years. I have several severe sweats in the night - they are so bad my husband once thought I had wet the bed lool. Because I am sweating so much, I get dehydrated, then drink water, which makes me then wake up to wee. I was taking some tablets by a company called Solgar which worked (my libido even improved), but they have been discontinued, and nothing else seems to work. I was wondering where Gabrielle get her Magnesium and Vitamin B and Calcium and vitamin D "all for the grand cost of £3.50" from, and are these all separate tablets or combined? My doc won't put me on HRT, as there is an history of breast cancer in my family.

adson3492

by adson3492 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:40 am

I start off wearing pjs and I end up having to remove them because I become so uncomfortable.it may b help for a good and sweet sleep

Unlock the key of your success by E20-555 exam - pass4sure and testking.By using our latest wikipedia and University of California, Berkeley study material, you can easily pass selftestengine MICROSOFT

sarahberard

by sarahberard on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:56 am

Dancing Queen wrote:Why oh why can't I have a whole night's sleep? I can't remember the last time I slept through the entire night. Even though it's winter I will wake dripping in sweat and need to throw the bed clothes off me to cool down. My husband can't understand why cuddling up isn't an option any more..... Any suggestions to help me sleep better anyone?

this is simple that with my openion We all know (or have at least been told) that getting enough sleep is very important. But why? When we fall asleep, our brains cycle through certain patterns of activity, some of which are only present when we're sleeping. This is important because without sleep our body can't maintain its normal functioning.

Karen:-)

by Karen:-) on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:30 am

Facing the working day after a bad night sleep, how is anyone coping with that. The lack of concentration and focus. The constant confusion. I’m back at work after a full hysto to remove cancer. I look th same on the outside so work still expect the same results. I’m not the same person and cannot give the same energy and focus.

NishiGarg

by NishiGarg on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:50 pm

There can be several reasons for it
1.It could be your age
2.It could be your lifestyle
3.It could be your medication
4.It could be your underlying condition

11 posts