Insomnia

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

9 posts
longterm_sufferer

by longterm_sufferer on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:48 am

Insomnia

Please, please, please can anyone help? I just cannot remember the last time I had a full night's sleep. Is it just me or are there other menopause sufferers experiencing the same thing? I believe this is one of the symptoms that people can have and I'd welcome any suggestions from people as to how this may be overcome or how long I can expect it to last for.... :(

Nagging Nora

by Nagging Nora on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Insomnia

The sleep issue is another horrible symptom of the menopause, I just can't stay asleep .... waking, tossing and turning, not getting comfortable....sweating ....... this is awful. .... there isn't much else I can say, except that you're not alone.

sheilarobb

by sheilarobb on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:41 pm

I have tried everything to help me sleep. It does not matter what I do.

It drives me mad especially when you have to work. I sometimes wonder how I function.

Everyday is the same, I get so depressed and cry because of the tiredness.

All we can do is put up with it.

longterm_sufferer

by longterm_sufferer on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:53 am

It's so good to hear it's not just me. I'm still no better and it's my family that suffer the most from my irritable moods due to bad/lack of sleep! The things us women have to put up with ;)

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:56 pm

@beachfacts responded through twitter saying please get help, sleep deprivation because of the menopause can cause serious problems. She lost a friend to suicide because of depression caused by insomnia through menopause.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Willow 2

by Willow 2 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:28 pm

ladies, you are not on your own...........but i don't know the answer, well meaning friends have suggested various things, have tried them all, the sleeping tabs did not help, could not take them because I drive for my job and was too drowsy, just like when i don't get to sleep which is every night. I am currently going through an extremely bad patch of no decent sleep, depression (was recently off work for a month as was mentally an physically knackered after 2 yrs no decent sleep, just could not function), I have thoughts of life's not worth living on occasions when its really bad, no interest in anything and generally p*****d off with everything, weepy, have piles, cystitis and it goes on and on, tears coming to my eyes reading this....................If you want to bring an EMPIRE down to its knee's BRING ON THE MENOPAUSE................it sucks!

Willow 2

by Willow 2 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:32 pm

sheilarobb wrote:I have tried everything to help me sleep. It does not matter what I do.

It drives me mad especially when you have to work. I sometimes wonder how I function.

Everyday is the same, I get so depressed and cry because of the tiredness.

All we can do is put up with it.
I know where your coming from.................the tiredness is a killer.....you still have to work, look after the family etc, etc, :( I wish there was some help, when I see my docs, they dont seem to know what to do, the nurses are more helpful, they've been through it.

Willow 2

by Willow 2 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:36 pm

talkhealth wrote:@beachfacts responded through twitter saying please get help, sleep deprivation because of the menopause can cause serious problems. She lost a friend to suicide because of depression caused by insomnia through menopause.

The doctors seemed confused when I went to see them one gave me the dreaded 'Z' sleeping tabs (can't take them, can't get enough sleep to work them off), then when I was off work sick and went to see another doctor at our practice they were astonished that I was using them............What is the cure? I eat healthy take lots of exercise and sleep like shit and feel it all the time

diddy57

by diddy57 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:09 am

glad i am not alone in this been on the menopause 3 years the lack of sleep makes me anxious and extreamly tearful hope the sleep soon improvess

9 posts