Coping with wet beds due to night sweats

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
Roxichik

by Roxichik on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Coping with wet beds due to night sweats

Hi There,
I have suffered with night sweats and therefore a wet bed for years. I hate it because it makes me feel awful and I cannot do anything about it as I have Sjogren's Syndrome as well as menopause.

I have tried everything I think; diet, pills, hormones, clothes, no clothes but nothing has worked and I still sweat like I've run a marathon every night, until now that is.

Believe it or not WOOL has been the answer for me. I bought a wool topper for the bed and a wool duvet (4.5 tog) and since then I have woken in a dry bed every morning. I still sweat just as much I think but the moisture is spirited away. I don't know how it works and frankly I don't care. I may be late to the party and you all may know all this already so apologies if you do but had to share just in case this is news.
I got my topper and duvet on line but I'm sure you can get them on the high street too.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Re: Coping with wet beds due to night sweats

Hi Roxichik

Thank you for your post. We are glad that you have found something that helps with your night sweats, thank you for sharing it with our members.

Best wishes
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

lacemaker

by lacemaker on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:53 pm

my sweats are normally around the neck area. I have found that using a gel pet pad (available from B&M for £5) which I put my neck on helps control the length of time I have the sweats. For some reason they never reach my feet which are always cold. I have a wool mattress cover.

Roxichik

by Roxichik on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:32 am

Hi Lacemaker,
That is a lot cheaper than the cold gel pads they sell for humans. I have one I use for my face and I agree with you about the feet! Mine are always freezing.

NishiGarg

by NishiGarg on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:52 pm

You should always see the GP if your night sweats are accompanied by a very high temperature, cough, diarrhoea, localised pain or other symptoms of concern. And while night sweats every so often are probably nothing to worry about, it's worth seeking advice if they're persisten

5 posts