Menopause, Underactive Thyroid Age 41

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

4 posts
rzeus68

by rzeus68 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Menopause, Underactive Thyroid Age 41

Hi. I have just be diagnosed with menapause this week at the age of 41. I have an underactive thyroid was diagnosed about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I gave up smoking 3 yrs ago gone April. I am really struggling with my weight. Is it possible to loose weight with all this, and could all these have been connected. Any advice would be helpful.
Thank you Belinda

alexanderlisa

by alexanderlisa on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Menopause, Underactive Thyroid Age 41

Try changing your diet. I was having a hard time with the weight also, and after changing my foods the weight started to go, and make sure you workout, that is very important and you will feel better.

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm

I think weight control over the age of 40 is tricky anyway! I'm in my 40's, as are most of my friends, and we all feel the same. I'm not quite in at the menopause point yet but I'm dreading it as I've suffered with weight issues all my life and dread it will get harder to stay in shape. I do think diet is an issue AND portion size!

Whilst I've not been terribly helpful I hope you feel you're not alone!

Regards
Deborah - Site Founder
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

AprilA

by AprilA on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi, although I agree with everyone else diet is extremely important I also believe a combination of a good diet as well as regular exercise such as swimming, walking and even light jogging would also help. I would think taking part in this type of activity at least three times a week would help. Just doing a little ie 20 minutes each time would be a good start.

4 posts