Is it too early?

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
mina5dazed2

by mina5dazed2 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:47 am

Is it too early?

Im 43, never been pregnant. My periods have been irregular for the past year or so. i’ll go 2-3 mos. without having one. my last period i had spotting for half a day and that was it.

Im thinking it might be perimenopause and if it is...isnt that early??

Also is it normal to be anxious or even sad about not having periods anymore. Never wanted kids, so that’s not it...it’s just weird!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:29 am

Re: Is it too early?

Hi Sriblanc,

Menopause itself can begin from age 45 so it could be that you are in peri-menopause. Feeling sad could be because it marks the end of your fertile stage in life even if you never wanted kids. It signals the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.

Have you seen our free my menopause support programme? You may find that helpful. Please find it here:

https://dev.talkhealthpartnership.com/r ... -programme

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

grindwalter

by grindwalter on Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:01 pm

It might be perimenopause, do you experience hot flashes, sleep disturbances, and mood swings?

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:17 pm

Perimenopause, or menopause transition, begins several years before menopause. It's the time when the ovaries gradually begin to make less estrogen. It usually starts in a woman's 40s but can start in her 30s or even earlier.

thisismaya

by thisismaya on Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:45 pm

Hi Sriblanc

Perimenopause can start in the late 30s to early 50s and brings various physical and emotional changes. Perhaps you can check out this new health platform called HExSOS. It has some FAQs surrounding perimenopause and menopause.

I hope you find it helpful.

5 posts