Vaginal Dryness and Sex

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

9 posts
Goddesslily

by Goddesslily on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Vaginal Dryness and Sex

I am weening myself of the Estrogel (HRT) and now i'm experiencing extreem vaginal dryness and it's actually making sexual intercourse with my husband very painful. I'm using a vaginal lubricant but it doesn't seem to help, because I know the problem is a symptom from menopause. When I was using the Estrogel twice daily, I literally dripping wet down there all the time and I loved having sex with my husband. But I took myself off of the Estrogel because I was tired of the weight gain, now i'm experiencing all the symptoms, vaginal dryness, hot flashes and night sweats. I wrote all about the Estrogel in the HRT discussion if you want to read about it and the side effects.

Elase$124

by Elase$124 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: Vaginal Dryness and Sex

Some people might think they'll never need a Natural Lubricant but the vast majority of people need a little help on occasion.

Sex toys can also tend to dry the vagina a little - although the materials that natural products are made from do this less than those made from jelly and latex.

Water based lubricants are safe for all sexual activities. They do have a tendency to dry out a little at which point re-application or a little sprinkle of water to re-activate helps. They are highly suitable for silicone toys, and are very easy to wash off.

Silicone lubricants, while unsuitable for silicone toys, do have the major advantage of a little going a very long way. They also last a very long time. Very enjoyable to use for any fun not involving a silicone toy.

Oil based lubes are a third alternative which although unsuitable for latex condoms, is suitable for all toys, as well as vaginal sex. Its thicker consistency makes it particularly suitable for play with anal toys.
Last edited by admin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: URL to site promoting lubricants and overt product promotion removed as not permitted - see forum rules & guidelines

robbiedog

by robbiedog on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 pm

I had extreme vaginal dryness to such an degree that it was affecting me not only in my sex life but also I thought I was getting water infections so much so that I was in agony...It all turned out to be vaginal dryness, I had pain down below so bad that I could'nt sleep and urinated about 4 times a night..I went to the docs for what felt like the 100th time and saw a different doctor who prescribed me hormone pessaries, WOW !! What a revelation it has been!!! My sex life has restarted (sorry to be so graphic lol) and I have no pain..Hopes this helps anyone who was struggling like me :)

David147

by David147 on Sat May 02, 2015 7:15 am

he natural moistness of the vagina prevents its sides from rubbing against each other as you move about during the day. The vaginal moisture is also slightly acidic, and this helps to keep infections such as thrush at bay. This acidity is caused by the ‘friendly’ bacteria that live in the vagina and help to keep it healthy.

Vaginal moisture is mainly produced by the cervix (neck of the womb) at the top of the vagina and eventually oozes out of the vagina – some vaginal discharge is normal. This means that there is a very slow flow of moisture through the vagina, and this keeps it clean, as it moves dead cells and the remains of the menstrual period to the outside. On average, a woman discharges 2 g of dead cells and 3 g of mucus through the vagina each day

During sex. When you are sexually excited, two special glands at the entrance of the vagina, called Bartholin’s glands, produce extra secretions. The moisture from these glands is more slimy than the moisture from the cervix, because its purpose is to provide good lubrication during intercourse. Its musky smell is the result of millions of years of evolution to increase female attractiveness to the male of the species, and signals that the woman is ready for sex.

Dryness before the menopause
Vaginal dryness before the menopause is mostly a problem during sex. It may mean that you are not sufficiently aroused – which can occur for all sorts of reasons such as inadequate foreplay, feelings of guilt, fear or relationship problems. Also remember that men generally get aroused sooner than women, so your partner may be attempting penetration before you are ready, before good lubrication has occurred. Lack of lubrication is also common in breastfeeding women, because estrogen levels are low, and in women with diabetes.

apolonia

by apolonia on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 am

After having two kids parts down there aren’t as tight as they use to be prior to having children.Feeling very dry and sometimes itchy feeling.Once I applied dermalmd vaginal serum I can notice a cooling tingling sensation. There was not irritation whatsoever when product was applied.Overall will continue to use this product as has worked so far.

sri saisha

by sri saisha on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Hello, I have been facing this problem for a year, recently I used skin lubricants. these products help me a lot, and I am having happy sex with my husband. I will suggest you use skyn lubricant, hope you will feel the same as I feel.

if you use this skyn product let me know how you feel.
Last edited by talkhealth on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms and conditions

Roma019177

by Roma019177 on Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:44 pm

DermalMD Vaginal Tightening Serum is a great product. I was a little nervous about placing products in the vaginal area but i was looking for something to help me out. Me and my husband have had wonderful sex since using this and he doesn’t even know im using :D

athena123456

by athena123456 on Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:46 am

Vaginal dryness can be a common concern among women, and it can affect their sexual experiences. Several factors can contribute to vaginal dryness, including hormonal changes, certain medications, stress, lack of arousal, breastfeeding, menopause, and certain medical conditions. It's important to note that vaginal dryness is not limited to older women and can occur at any age.

When it comes to sex, vaginal dryness can cause discomfort, pain, and make intercourse less pleasurable. However, there are several ways to address this issue and improve your sexual experience:

Lubricants: Using water-based lubricants during sexual activity can help reduce friction and increase comfort. There are various lubricant options available over the counter, and you can choose the one that works best for you. Some lubricants are specifically designed to mimic the body's natural lubrication.

Foreplay: Engaging in extended foreplay can help stimulate natural lubrication. Take time to engage in activities that increase arousal and promote natural lubrication, such as kissing, touching, and oral sex. Building up arousal can help enhance vaginal lubrication.

Communication: Openly discussing the issue with your partner is crucial. By communicating your concerns, you can work together to find solutions and explore alternative ways of pleasuring each other that do not involve penetration.

Hormone therapy: In some cases, hormonal imbalances or menopause may contribute to vaginal dryness. Hormone therapy, such as estrogen creams or hormone replacement therapy, may be recommended by a healthcare professional to alleviate the symptoms. It's essential to consult with a healthcare provider to determine the appropriate treatment option for you.

Vaginal moisturizers: Regular use of vaginal moisturizers can help maintain vaginal moisture and alleviate dryness. Unlike lubricants, which are used during sexual activity, moisturizers are applied regularly to the vaginal area to provide long-lasting moisture.

Lifestyle changes: Making certain lifestyle adjustments can help alleviate vaginal dryness. These may include managing stress levels, staying hydrated, avoiding irritants such as harsh soaps or douches, and wearing breathable underwear.

If vaginal dryness persists or causes significant discomfort during sex, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional. They can evaluate your specific situation, identify any underlying causes, and recommend appropriate treatment options.

Remember, every person's experience with vaginal dryness can vary, so it's important to find the strategies that work best for you and your partner.

9 posts