In total shock at early menopause

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
Babydreamer

by Babydreamer on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:19 pm

In total shock at early menopause

Hi there I ahve been recently diagnosed with eraly menopause at 41, This may not be so young but up until last month my periods have been regular to the hour every year since I started them, Bang on 28 days every month. Never missed one and never had more than I should up until last month when I had three evey two weeks apart and really swollen sore breasts. I was just about to start trying for a baby with a donor when this happened out of the blue. I have private health care through work and saw a consultant who gave me an internal inspection and said there were some fybroids but nothing major and that the ovaries appeared normal. They did some bloods and put me on some hormones to stop the bleeding, he said if its hormonal then the bleeding will stop and its not and something to do with the physical side then I should come back in a week. The bleeding did stop and I went back in two weeks as reuqested. I wasnt ready for what I was about to be told because hed put my mind at rest that all was ok. Then get got the blood test results and the FSH levels are worryingly high and would indicate early menopaude. I sat there shocked then burst into tears. I felt very confused and alone. I left there with a million questions in my head. He told me to stop taking the hormones which will bring on another period then wait for that cyckle to finish and at my next period to come in and be tested again. Well I left there in complete anguish and tears. I went back to work but had to go home as it was so distressed. I phoned the consultabnts PA to get some more information, how, why, etc. She was very sweet and tried to calm me down and spoke to the doctor she then s

Babydreamer

by Babydreamer on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: In total shock at early menopause

...said he wants you urgently go for more bloods tomorrow asap to see how far into the menopause you are now. This is so horrible, there were no warning signs up until last month. Im so frightened I will never have the baby I have longed for all my life. Im a mess and really dont what to do or where to turn.

3 posts