Eczema and Family Court

Post your eczema and dry skin related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:21 am

Eczema and Family Court

Background: I left my babies father at 3m old after I found he was masturbating next to her, but this is not illegal under UK law so he is allowed contact. We attend a contact centre due to his actions and DV. 6 of the 7 mothers i speak to have children with eczema or major food intolerances (maybe a topic of future reserach). Father is a narcassit and he refuses simple requests like put cream on her during visitations unless he has a letter from doctor (NHS are not funded to write these letters) and he does not do any preventative things asked. My 3 yo has the most extreme eczema 2-3 hours following contact and scratches til it bleeds. On weeks he goes on holiday it almost clears up only to start again. I have looked for courses to send him on - but only found one in London (he lives near Blackpool). He has all the info I try to submit to court thrown out. I have spent 30k so far to keep her safe. Before he started contact 6m ago the eczema was so mild with flare ups 2-3 a year (excessive fruit and too hot in carseat are triggers). Now major flare ups are every Sat afternoon.
Question: Are there any plans to hold education sessions or prepare an info pack for family court?
Many thanks
Nicola
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Julie Van Onselen

by Julie Van Onselen on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 pm

Re: Eczema and Family Court

I am sorry to hear about your difficult family circumstances and appreciate that caring for your child with eczema must be stressful. Regarding your direct question re family courts and eczema information. I would suggest you contact The National Eczema Society, via their website and ask for an information pack to be sent so you can give the information for the family court, which may help them understand more about eczema. Regarding education sessions, I am not sure whether you are looking for support for you or your child or education for the family court?
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

2 posts