Skin breaking down

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
linda.carter1953@hotmail.co.uk

by linda.carter1953@hotmail.co.uk on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:42 am

Skin breaking down

Hello, last Friday I made an emergency appointment with my GP as I had a quite large hemmoriod outside my back passage this was very uncomfortable but when I looking I noticed all the skin on the inside of my bottom and spreading to the outside was raw and the veins under the skin were very raised (this was just one side). The skin was burning and I was having trouble sitting down. The duty doctor advised to continue with the Anusol I was using on the hemmoriod and said the skin on the inside was breaking down and to use a nappy rash cream. I did the and it has had no effect, last night I noticed the skin in the centre of the worst was lifting like a massive blister. I am in so much discomfort it is making me feel unwell can you make any suggestions please.

Wendy Green

by Wendy Green on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Re: Skin breaking down

Hi Linda,

What you have described sounds really painful and if you haven't already done so I'd advise making another emergency appointment with your GP.

I'd also stop using the Anusol, as it sounds as though it might be causing irritation or even an allergic reaction. For more information please follow this link to the patient information leaflet
https://www.boots.com/wcsstore/Extended ... _cream.pdf

There are other products on the market that you could try, such as Germoloids cream You could also try gently cleaning the area a few times a day with cotton wool pads soaked in witch hazel, which you can buy from pharmacies. But if you are still in pain I would urge you to see your GP as soon as possible.

I hope this helps and you find relief soon.
Wendy Green
Health Expert and Author

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _green.php

2 posts