Unsightly marks

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Michael123

by Michael123 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Unsightly marks

I have many unsightly marks, mainly on the skin of my legs. I have now been too embarrassed to wear shorts for several years. It seems that any injury to the skin, particularly mosquito or gnat bites, leaves a permanent red mark which simply does not fade and shows up more in the hot weather. I asked my Doctor about this and he mentioned that the 75mg Aspirin that I was then taking daily could possibly be responsible. However, following NHS guidelines this was stopped some three years ago but there has not been any improvement and any new skin damage, however slight, continues to leave a permanent mark. I am currently on Apixaban, Sotalol ( for Atrial Fibrillation ) and Atorvastatin. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Re: Unsightly marks

Dear Michael,

Because there is a colour difference you should be able to camouflage each mark either singularly or large areas of your limbs. From a practical point of view the cover creams will be able to hide and conceal the redness that you describe and are sufficiently opaque to mask the colour change in the warm weather. In my experience you probably would need a Matt Base to help the cover creams hold if the surface of the mark is smooth/ rounded.

The cause of the marks is not clear so it is important that you seek advise from your GP before using skin camouflage.

I hope this helps.
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

2 posts