Small white bumps

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:05 am

Small white bumps

What can i do to tackle and get rid of small white bumps and noticable red spots on the tops of my arms and chest?

What is the best treatment option to get rid of white spots that stay under the skin on my face? Everything i use is non-comedogenic (makeup, cleansers etc), i avoid heavy exfolliators as recommended by a dermatologist, yet it makes no difference.

Thank you, Sarah
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Adil Sheraz

by Dr Adil Sheraz on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: Small white bumps

Thank you for your question.

In the first instance a diagnosis of the 'white bumps' would need to be made. The possible things it could be include, closed comedones (acne), milia spots, pustules, or keratosis pilaris.

Once a diagnosis has been made by the dermatologist then a treatment plan can be put into place.

If indeed this is all acne and closed comedones then topical treatments such as adapalene gel, or retnoid based treatments may help. Topical retinoids in particular will help with reduction in the formation of the comedone (white bump) and also reduction in the inflammation (red areas).

Oral antibiotics can also help with reduction of the comedones and inflammatory lesions, as can oral Roaccutane. However you will need to be evaluated before these treatments.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Adil Sheraz
Instagram: Dr_adilsheraz
Dr Adil Sheraz
Consultant Dermatologist - MBBS, BMEDSCI(HONS), MRCP (UK), MRCP (DERMATOLOGY) (UK)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... sheraz.php

2 posts