Hyperpigmentation

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:10 am

Hyperpigmentation

I have fair skin with some small patches of darker skin across the tops of my cheeks (I assume this could be from sun exposure). Is there anything I can do about them other than chemical peels or laser therapy which seem quite a harsh way to treat them? Sabina
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:16 am

Re: Hyperpigmentation

Hello Sabina,

Skin camouflage would certainly offer you a solution. The cover creams are specifically formulated to cover areas of colour difference where the pigments are mixed to match your surrounding skin colour. When applied they are waterproof but not totally rub proof so be careful if you wear glasses. Only a thin application is required which in most cases should be applied with a flat brush within the boundaries of the pigmentation. Durability is approximately 8-16 hours.

Please remember to use a high factor sunscreen either under neath or over (spray) the camouflage creams.

It can sometimes be difficult to decide on which brand, colours and technique so I recommend that you contact a trained professional in skin camouflage for practical help via Changing Faces NHS / private, The British Association of Skin Camouflage or Skin Camouflage Services.

Happy to guide you if you need any further information.
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

2 posts