Necrobiosis Lipoidica

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Selma777

by Selma777 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Necrobiosis Lipoidica

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there is any advise on which skin cream i should use on my shins. I am suffering from necrobiosis lipoidica since four years, i'm T1 diabetic. The steroid creams don't work at all, so i just moisturize daily twice with E45 and have tried countless natural remedies or expensive skin creams.

I hope the patches don't ulcerate but i can tell there is already a lot of tissue loss, it's like the disease is eating my legs from the inside..

Thank you, kind regards
Irene

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Re: Necrobiosis Lipoidica

Dear Irene,

From a skin camouflage perspective you can get help to cover and conceal the patches, the borders and the multiple colours that often present themselves. I have had experience of helping patients with Necrobioisi and whilst it can be a challenge to balance the appearance, it is possible and worthwhile.

It is very important that you seek advise from your GP / Consultation before embarking on any skin camouflage treatment. Please make sure the skin camouflage practitioner is fully aware of the complexity of colours /shadows /indentations so that they can allow enough time to help you and that they have sufficient expertise to achieve a solution...in terms of time and you managing the products at home.

For further reading The British Association of Dermatologists have a helpful leaflet and include skin camouflage as a treatment.

I'm more than happy to stay in touch if that would help.
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

Selma777

by Selma777 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Dear Vanessa,

Thanks for your reply but i'm not keen at all on covering it up. My question was really what sort of creme i could use to moisturise and maybe keep the inflammation at bay? Are there certain lotions i should avoid, are there some helping with the itch? Is there any research done in treating the condition and avoid ulceration which is devastating for a diabetic?

Thanks
Irene

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Hello Irene,

That's fine, the other experts should be able to advise re: moisturising and itching.

All the very best
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

4 posts