Mole On Belly

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
Jessica Payne

by Jessica Payne on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:52 am

Mole On Belly

Hi,

Is there anyway of getting rid of a mole on the side of your belly without having surgery?

Jessica

Dr Adil Sheraz

by Dr Adil Sheraz on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Mole On Belly

Dear Jessica

It really depends on the type of mole. I'm assuming it has been looked at by your doctor or a dermatologist and has been confirmed as benign. If this is the case then surgical treatment will give you the highest rate of clearance. On the whole I do not recommend treatments such as lasers to treat melanocytic moles (moles with pigment) as they can often recur, and when they do can look very odd and will then almost definitely need to be removed surgically. Unfortunately creams or topical applications will not work and I do not recommend any home made remedies as they will only irritate and inflame the mole.

Depending on the type of mole, surgical options can include, freezing (cryotherapy), shave excision (without stitches), or complete excision (with stitches).

Before any treatment you must have a qualified doctor examine the mole.

Regards
Adil Sheraz
Instagram: Dr_adilsheraz
Last edited by Dr Adil Sheraz on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Adil Sheraz
Consultant Dermatologist - MBBS, BMEDSCI(HONS), MRCP (UK), MRCP (DERMATOLOGY) (UK)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... sheraz.php

Jessica Payne

by Jessica Payne on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Ok thanks Adil.

I have not got it seen to by anyone.

Regards
Jessica Payne

Mr Ioannis Goutos

by Mr Ioannis Goutos on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:46 am

Dear Jessica,
I would totally agree with Adil,
The mole needs to be examined by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to ascertain the best way ahead both in terms of complete removal and laboratory examination as well as leaving behind the best quality scar possible.
Best regards,
Mr Ioannis Goutos
FRCSEd(Plast), MSc Burn Care

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... goutos.php

Jessica Payne

by Jessica Payne on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:31 am

Ok thanks Ioannis.

I will have a think about the suggestions you have given and then maybe go ahead or not.

Regards
Jessica Payne

5 posts