NF1

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Tashik12

by Tashik12 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:59 pm

NF1

I have NF1 and as a result suffer from lumps and bumps on my face and body. I have had different treatments to reduce how they appear. Are there any new treatments. I am especially conscious and my face.

professor andrew r thompson

by professor andrew r thompson on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Re: NF1

Hi

I'm not sure about new medical treatments for NF1. However, there is support available to help you grow your confidence and manage any intrusive reactions from other people. A good starting place might be to visit the website of changing faces or possibly www.skinsupport.org.uk. Your GP can also provide access to free support from services such as IAPT (improving access to psychological therapies) and your secondary care doctor might also be able to provide you with access to a clinical psychologist. Psychological support can't get rid of the condition of course, but it can help with managing the impact, and it is well worth a try for this reason alone... Support can often be provided on a one to one basis or online.

Best wishes,

Andrew

Clinical Psychologist
Dr Andrew Thompson
Registered Clinical and Registered Health Psychologist - DClinPsy., C.Psychol., AFBPsS., DipCAT., FHEA., BA(Hons)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ompson.php

2 posts