talkhealth - Mental Wellbeing - Anxiety

Moderator: talkhealth


Postby castlebergh on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 pm

The Nhs is failing to help me with unbelievably long waiting lists for help-does anyone know where i can turn whilst i wait for an appointment which may be months more after already waiting since january? Also what specialist clinics are there in the uk that you can be referred to on the Nhs (even if there is a huge waiting list) I need specialist help after 30+ years of suffering and sporadic NHS treatment. Thank you so much, i am desperate for help as quick as possible as am very down with it going on so long.I cannot afford private care unfortunately.
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:34 pm


Postby Teyhou Smyth on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:23 pm


Thank you for your query.

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a type of anxiety disorder that involves reoccurring obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors performed in response to these thoughts and can be quite an inhibiting disorder for many people, making it incredibly difficult for them to go about their daily life. OCD tends to be treated with psychotherapy and medication, and often people find that a combination of the two approaches is the most effective.

I would recommend getting in touch with the following organisations for further advice and support:

A National OCD charity run by and for people who experience OCD:

An organisation for people with anxiety problems including panic, phobias, OCD and related conditions.

The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists

I hope that you will find this information helpful.
Teyhou Smyth
Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist and Registered Associate Professional Clinical Counselor
User avatar
Teyhou Smyth
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests