Lumbar Spinal Senosis

Do you have a question related to an arthritis condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with spondylitis, spondylosis, rheumatica, polymyalgia, fibromyalgia or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
jim68117

by jim68117 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Lumbar Spinal Senosis

I've just been diagnosed with LSS and the only thing that has been offered is Physiotherapy, even this has to be checked out prior to finding out if it will help. I am too old for a back operation plus other health problems so am unsure what if anything can ease the pain.

Tracy Corbett

by Tracy Corbett on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Re: Lumbar Spinal Senosis

Hi, Jim

I'm pleased to hear you have been referred to physiotherapy. Your physiotherapist should be able to assess your condition in detail and advise you on exercises that will help strengthen your core and protect your joints, and decide on appropriate non-medication-based pain relief (for example using heat, TENS machines, sleeping positions, mattress/pillows, taping or bracing, etc).
Tracy Corbett
Chartered Physiotherapist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... orbett.php

Arthritis Action

by Arthritis Action on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:04 pm

Re: Lumbar Spinal Senosis

Keeping as mobile as possible may help. Certain medicines can help with nerve pain and improve sleep which are also important so you should ask your GP for advice. Some pain clinics or spinal surgeons also try injections called epidurals into the spine which can be safe if you are not well enough for surgery.

Dr Wendy Holden FRCP
Consultant Rheumatologist
Medical Advisor to Arthritis Action

Arthritis Action
56 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AE

T: 020 3781 7120 W: www.arthritisACTION.org.uk

3 posts