Ezcema

Post your questions about eczema here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
kellycoles31

by kellycoles31 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:31 pm

Ezcema

My daughter is 3 and she has severe eczema we have tried cetraben and zero base but it doesn't get rid of her itching she is also reluctant to let me put her cream on because she is so sore and itchy she has been given antihistamines but they don't have much effort I was told that she had a secondary skin infection we gave her the antibiotics and she had to stop it because she had allergic reaction went back to doctors and they didn't give me any alternative antibiotics for her sometimes her skin weeps IV been back recently and they now say they won't give her antibiotics until she's had some blood tests done in the mean time she is continuing to suffer what can I do

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Re: Ezcema

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter problem! Eczema can be awful I am afraid.

See you dermatologist or ask your GP to give her a mild steroid cream or if you prefer a non steroid ointment tacrolimus (or cream pimecrolimus). It should get eczema under control. Of course you still need to continue with moisturisers and bath addictive. You may like to try Balneum Plus cream as a moisturiser - it specifically help with itch. There is more information on eczema and treatments on my website www.alexandrof.org.uk if it is of interest.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

http://www.alexandroff.org.uk
Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts