Environmental allergy!

If you have questions about environmental allergies such as chemical sensitivity, latex allergy, dust mite allergy, sensitivity to perfumes, mould and mildew, asthma or rhinitis etc , please ask them here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
mayarose

by mayarose on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:29 pm

Environmental allergy!

Few years ago I found out that I have environmental allergy which triggers sneezing with the temperature change like if I use fan in summer, I sneeze a lot and the same happens with radiators in winter! When I get up in the morning I sneeze at least 10 times so I talked to my GP but he was not very bothered as according to him it is very common so he just prescribed me a nasal spray which helped only little bit but gave me nose bleeding! Then I invested in Air purifier and it helped me little bit too but I would like to know what else I can do to tackle it as it is very embarrassing when I visit to friends & family house!

Di Graham

by Di Graham on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:12 pm

Re: Environmental allergy!

Try putting a little smear of vaseline up each nostril (use a cotton bud and a separate end for each nostril). This will stop things irritating the inside as it sticks to the grease. You may need to clean out your nose and reapply during the day. Vick is also useful, especially if you're a bit 'bunged up'. Don't use a lot though as it can burn/sting.

2 posts