dermoid cyst

Please ask our experts your general gynaecology questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
keri

by keri on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:31 pm

dermoid cyst

I was told I had a dermoid cyst earlier this year , had 2 scans a few months apart and it hadn't grown. I was told it was left to me to decide if i want it removed but no real advice. I am 48 and started menopause (hot flushes , but period still fairly regular ) . I 've not been back to see gp , but still undecided if I should have removed or leave alone unless causing me an issue . Can you advice , should i just ask for regular scans ?
Also my flushes like many others are driving me crazy , sleep distrubance being the biggest issue , i dont get on with minipill or injection to stop periods so to hold it menopause back.

Debby Holloway

by Debby Holloway on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:27 am

Re: dermoid cyst

Dear keri
it all depends on how big the cyst is and if it is causing you any problems. I would make an appointment to see your GP again and talk through the scans. if the cyst is not causing any problems then you could have it monitored by having another scan in a few months.
for your menopause symptoms then I would also go and discuss with your GP or nurse how HRT would help with your flushes and sleep issues. HRT does not hold back the menopause but will help to combat most of the symptoms.

2 posts