advice needed on next stage

If you have questions relating to any aspect of menstruation, please post them here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Joannemurray39

by Joannemurray39 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:12 pm

advice needed on next stage

I am 34 and i have always had painful, erratic, heavy periods. In 2014 I had a massive period haemorrhage which required a blood transfusion, my hemoglobin was 4. I was told I had pcos. i was prescribed norethisterone and tranexamic acid. The mirena coil and a hysterectomy were mentioned but we wanted children. We found out my husband is infertile so decided to try ivf. I had ICSI in october 2018 with multiple follicles but only 1 egg which didnt fertilise. I ended up with Ovarian hyperstimulation and a twisted left ovary. We were told further treatment would be a waste of money. Since then i have had no period, pain in my left side and it is painful during intercourse. I would like to know if this could be related to the ivf and if i should try and get an appointment with my gynaecologist.

Debby Holloway

by Debby Holloway on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:37 am

Re: advice needed on next stage

Dear Joanne
yes I think that you need to get an appointment with your gynaecologist to look at all of the issues that you have,
kind regards
Debby Holloway

2 posts