Hives, Swollen Fingers and Joint Pain

A forum dedicated to those living with allergy related health issues aged 60+ years

Moderator: talkhealth

8 posts
tiam1234

by tiam1234 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Hives, Swollen Fingers and Joint Pain

Hi everyone,
I recently broke out in itchy hives, which is usual when I have an allergic reaction.
This time I have swollen and painful fingers, also the back of my knees are sore and in pain.

I'm not sure what the allergen in question was, I went to the park so maybe it was an allergic reaction to an insect bite? Antihistamines haven't helped.
Has anyone else had these symptoms?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Re: Hives, Swollen Fingers and Joint Pain

Hello

Gosh - not a nice experience and more annoying to not be able to pin down exactly where the reaction came from. It is important to keep an eye on these type of symptoms and if you find they are getting worse in the next few days OR not improving we would suggest the easiest thing to do at this time would be if you are able to visit a pharmacist who would be able to best advise.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

scilover

by scilover on Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:24 am

you should seek the doctor I guess, if it, not insects bite then maybe it is another things.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Fri May 19, 2023 4:52 am

Hives might show up with angioedema (enlarging of the more profound tissue of the skin). Angioedema for the most part doesn't tingle and ordinarily happens around the eyes, lips, tongue, hands and feet. Kids who have hives with angioedema are bound to have repeating or constant hives.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed May 24, 2023 11:20 am

Many years ago, I got hives as a kid. This occurred after rolling around in the grass. The pollen got into my skin and resulted in hives.

Any allergen in your skin will cause hives. You've got to avoid contact with whatever allergen you've been exposed to. What substance has your skin come into contact with? Find out through elimination and steer clear.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:05 am

Dactylitis alludes to enlarging in the fingers and toes that can make them take on a wiener like appearance. Dactylitis can be a side effect of a few different ailments, including a few types of joint pain

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:47 am

advhccenter wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:05 am
Dactylitis alludes to enlarging in the fingers and toes that can make them take on a wiener like appearance. Dactylitis can be a side effect of a few different ailments, including a few types of joint pain
This is excellent advice. This is medical knowledge that should be taken on board.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:42 am

Your side effects are normal with issues with your joints. The potential outcomes could be irritation of your joint from gout or rheumatoid joint pain. Attempt to rest your joints and take a few non-prescription meds.

8 posts